Friday 25 November 2011

Hustling Yute

Hustling Yute is the title track of Dancehallwave's Krazylinks Production Label recorded by the talented Dancehall Singjay Cue P.His witty lyrics and mad flow has combined to create a hit sounding record.The song was written from his life experiences.



Hustling Yute History by Cue P
Hustling yute was written in 2007 and eventually recorded in 2008. It was a very difficult period in my life due to the fact that my mom had to retire early from her job as a teacher at the Porus Primary school due to illness, which saw her money got tied up for months and left her wash belly (Cue P) stranded and strap for cash. I was in Second year at UWI, fortunately I got a part time work which gave me a stipend to survive on. I was home one day realizing that after I paid my rent, money was hardly ever there for food. One morning I woke up and heat up water to make tea, afterwards realizing that I had no sugar. I had to drink hot water instead which became the norm after awhile. So in order to solve to my food problem, I stole food from various food stores. My conscience started to affect me and the struggles and hardship was captured in a song about my life called “Hustling Yute”. The song was written when I was walking home from football training on UWI campus, to Elleston Flats where I lived at the time, for a block on Taylor Hall name Stallion.

No comments:

Post a Comment